Thursday, March 27, 2008

Take Five...

My Dad is OBSESSED with Jazz music-well, music in general. He always has been. The funny thing is, he can't carry a tune in a bucket. It's one of my favorite things about him. He loves music SO much, but he has no rhythm either. Anyway, the song 'Take Five' on a jazz CD I have reminds me of him, so this post is dedicated to him and his unmusicality. 

I'm at work ahora. Been here since 5:45am. It's unreal how obnoxious 5:45am can be when you're sleepy. I usually want to cry/throw up whenever I have to work on Thursdays, but I've gotten really good at going to bed early the night before which makes the shift SO much more bearable. 

Spring Break is a funny thing. EVERYONE does the same thing. Nothing. Everything. Beach. Friends. Sleep. Travel. I mean honestly, did any of you do anything other that that? Didn't think so. And that's fine...the funny part is, we all come back and that's all we talk about for the next week. As if it were something exciting...Don't get me wrong. I want to hear all about your Spring Break, just know that I've already heard it 78 times. Hahaha, is that rude? Nahh. 

"I've been rapping for about 17 years, okay? I don't like my stuff anymore, I just kick it from my head. You know what I'm saying...I can do that. No disrespect but that's how I am."
- Seventeen Years, Ratatat. 

Speaking of, whenever I talk about that band people always ask me "Wow, how do you spell that?"--seriously, without fail. It's silly, though because then I have to say...r-a-t-a-t-at. "Wait...how many 'at' 's is that?!"


So does anyone want to tell me how to subscribe to someone else's posts? Does anyone know? Can you do that? I'd like to. Ok...peace out.

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to tell you something....i will tell you in person. -leslie

Maggie Elizabeth said...

hahahah oookay.

Anonymous said...

maggie...
when i think of your dad and music, i think of your dad in very short jogging shorts, tube socks, and a richard simmons wig, sweating to the oldies in front of everyone in the fellowship hall. also, any time someone mentions richard simmons, i think of your dad in very short jogging shorts, tube socks, and a richard simmons wig, sweating to the oldies in front of everyone in the fellowship hall. that was a great, great moment for him haha.

--taylor