Saturday, August 23, 2008

No me ha dejado.

It's a phrase that defines Sevilla. It means "They have not left me". It's the story of some general and his men, obviously, they didn't leave him. :) 

But what hit me TODAY is that He hasn't left me. 

He is here, was here before I got here and will always be here. 

There are literally hundreds of things I could say at this point and I don't even know where to begin, honestly...I'm sure most of them will come with time and experience and...dedication to this blog. 

People have been telling me since before I came to Spain that I wouldn't leave changed, but it's UNREAL how much of a reality that is to me in this moment. 

Every place I go is different. Every word I say is different. Every person I meet is different. Every food I eat is different. Every thing I learn is different. How could I not leave different? 

How could I write that down? 

I'll attempt in the near future when I'm less exhausted and have uploaded some pics. Until then, much love from Spain and my address:

Maggie Nickens
Recaredo 44
41003 Sevilla, Spain

(79 cents for a carte.)

Maggs. 

4 comments:

Alyssa B said...

Good ole NoDo. I'd never thought about it that way though! Really cool.

You're changed already. And it just keeps going and going! :)

Marc & Amy said...

Maggie! I've just bookmarked your blog page so I can check it frequently. Looking forward to hearing more insights & seeing pics from your time in Espana!

Britney said...

Hola chica! I think you captured my general feelings pretty dead on. My mom keeps asking me what´s up, and there´s just too much to say.
I think I love Sevilla a little too much...

Anonymous said...

so I was gonna say what marc and amy said plus some other stuff :) I am adding you to my favorites on my phone so now when im in class I have something to read!!! I'm serious about iChat woman, this weekend? I'll give you an incentive: I'm thinking about cutting my hair like 5 inches and dying lighter so if you wanna k ow what your bff looks like on Saturday you better meet me on the Internet! Okay good night/ morning to you my love:)

L belle